PROFHILO: The Latest in Injectable Treatments for Skincare
Explore the new frontier of Injectable skincare with Dr Douglas Wee, Ko Skin Specialist
Skincare has always played an essential part in determining our skin’s health and appearance. You might have heard of numerous skincare products in the market ranging from topical to even oral skincare, but how about injectable skincare?
Injectable skincare is definitely gaining more attention and isn’t exactly something novel. Examples of these would be skin-boosters, which uses hyaluronic acid (HA) or injectable stem cell products. I am delighted to introduce the newest member to the family: Profhilo.
What is Profhilo?
Profhilo is an award-winning injectable anti-aging treatment from Italy coined by The Times as “The anti-wrinkle treatment for 2019”. It is the first injectable skincare made from stabilized pure HA, designed to “remodel” the layers of skin tissue via the bio-stimulation of collagen and elastin.
How does Profhilo work?
Unlike conventional HA injectables, Profhilo is unique. It uses a patented NaHYCO Hybrid Technology to combine 2 different types of HA, namely High-molecular-weight HA (H-HA) and Low-molecular-weight HA (L-HA), to create a Hybrid Co-operative Complex (HCC).
This hybrid complex allows the L-HA to be released slowly to hydrate the skin, providing the Hydrating effect, while the H-HA offers a stable foundation in the dermis for volume replacement, giving the Lifting effect
What are the Benefits of Profhilo to the skin?
- Improves skin hydration and improves the skin’s ability to retain moisture.
- Provides firming, tightening, and lifting effect to the skin.
- Smoothen skin and reducing the appearance of fine wrinkles.
- Faster wound healing and reduced scarring (Acne Scar)
What’s new and unique about Profhilo?
- Profhilo does not contain BDDE or chemical cross-link
- Profhilo cause less inflammation to the skin compare to other HA products in the market today
- Profhilo offers greater diffusion of HA within the skin
- Profhilo capable of stimulating the production of new collagen and elastin in the skin
- Profhilo contains the highest concentration of stabilized HA (64mg/2ml)
Is Profhilo safe?
Up to now, Profhilo injection treatments are safe in the hands of experienced practitioners. The majority of patients report slight and temporary swelling associated with the procedure rather than the product’s ingredients. Small bumps on the skin right after injection are expected and may last for a couple of days. It is totally normal, and one should not be alarmed by it.
Features that improve the safety profile of Profilo injections:
- The absence of BDDE or chemical cross-links; resulting in better biocompatibility with human skin and reduced risk of allergies
- Only 5 injection points (BAP – Bio-Aesthetic Points) per side of the face; equal to lower risk of bruising and infection as well as minimal downtime
- Standardized injection points located away from major anatomical structures such as blood vessels and nerves; thereby significantly reducing the risk of injury to such structures
Where Profhilo can be injected?
Profhilo is commonly injected into the skin at the face, neck, and back of the hands. Do discuss with your doctor if you are keen to see how Profhilo can improve your skin condition
How many Profhilo Treatments do I need?
The recommended protocol for Profhilo treatments is usually two sessions spaced 1 month apart, and the injections shall be repeated every 6-9 months. Results are not immediate. Instead, your skin will gradually improve over the first 4 weeks, with optimal results seen 4 – 6 weeks after the 2nd treatment.
The beneficial effects of Profhilo are generally long-lasting, and maintenance treatment is generally suggested every 6-9 months.
To summarize, Profhilo presents numerous benefits as skin boosters while minimizing the risk, discomfort, and downtimes of such treatments. To understand if Profhilo is suitable for your skin, you may schedule a consultation with any of our experienced doctors at the nearest Klinik Dr Ko for further details.
Dr Douglas Wee Tze Meng
Medical Aesthetic Certification (MAC)